Monday, July 20, 2015

In the beginning...

As I sit in total wonderment staring into the crevasses of a strange pregnant woman's underboob, I begin my sojourn into randomness. Where do music genres get their names? Was jazz really born in brothels? I've heard many versions of the origins of these names, and my guess it that the history is lost due to the nature of most music. What I mean is, once something gains enough popularity, the seedy beginnings have to be rewritten to adhere to pop culture, and we get the G-rated version. It's kinda like finding out your mom was a slut in high school after she gets her PhD. Besides, would you be comfortable knowing that EDM was started by gay Nazis? Right....So, here's the great Busy Bee explaining the term "Hip Hop."

-> Busy Bee Starski <-


No comments:

Post a Comment